Electronic Travel Authorization – Flights to Canada

Entry rules have changed. Find out if they apply to you.

Effective March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before they fly or transit through Canada. Until November 9, 2016, travelers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport.

To complete your application for an eTA, you will need your passport, a credit card and an email address. An eTA costs $7 CAD and is valid for up to five years. Most eTA applications are approved within minutes of applying.

Among those exempted from this new requirement are U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.

As well, entry requirements for travelers arriving by land or sea have not changed.

To see if the citizens of your country need an eTA or to apply for one, visit the Government of Canada’s Electronic Travel Authorization website.

 More info at their website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp


Where to find great deals?  Sign up for FREE exclusive weekly updates

Check more pictures and videos: FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    YOUTUBE

Share your experience!

Like this? Share with your friends!

error: Content is protected !!